Our Reuse Policy
We strongly encourage other news organizations to republish our stories and cite our data. We are a non-profit news organization and we believe in collaboration.
Just follow these guidelines:
To cite our data or use our graphics and charts:
- Do not alter the graphics.
- Include the Crosstown logo and designer credit that accompanies each graphic.
- Mention prominently that the data analysis was performed by Crosstown and, when appropriate, cite the original source of the data (e.g. LAPD crime dataset, LA Metro, etc.).
- It is fine to include only the data that is relevant to your city or neighborhood. But please do not cherry-pick certain statistics and exclude others in a manner that alters the meaning of the original story.
- You must link back to our website: xtown.la
- If you share a piece on social media that includes our graphics, please tag us: @CrosstownLA.
- To see an example of how this can be done, look here.
To republish a story in its entirety:
- Include the original bylines at the top of the story, mark it clearly that it was republished from Crosstown (e.g.: John Smith, Crosstown)
- Include prominently a link back to our site: xtown.la.
- Do not alter the story.
- If you share something of ours on social media please let us know by tagging us @CrosstownLA.
And if you have any questions, just write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.